These directions will lead you to the Salters Road public car park located next door to Philanthropy House.
From the south on A1(M)
1. A1(M) forks shortly after the Washington Service station. Follow signs for A1 and take left fork. Take care – don’t follow A194(M) Tyne Tunnel route!
2. Follow A1(M) then after the A696 intersection branch off the A1(M) at the next slip road (signposted Gosforth and City North, take the third exit at the roundabout onto Kingston Park Road
3. Continue straight ahead, past the traffic lights and turn left at mini roundabout
4. Follow on to the end of Broadway West and turn right at the roundabout onto the B1318 Great North Road
5. Go straight on at the next roundabout, passing Asda on your left. At the third set of traffic lights, turn right onto Ivy Road
6. Follow the road till you get to the end and then turn right onto Salters Road
7. As you travel along Salters Road you will see the car park on the right
From the north on A1
1. Follow signs for Newcastle Centre, not the Tyne Tunnel.
2. Continue south on A1 past B1318 intersection
3. Branch off A1 at the next slip road (signposted Fawdon and Kingston Park) and turn first left at the roundabout onto Kingston Park Road
4. Continue from instruction 3, travelling from the south
From the West of Newcastle
1. Turn north onto A1 and continue from instruction 2, travelling from the south
From Newcastle City Centre
1. Follow the B1318 North along the Great North Road. The dual carriageway narrows on reaching Gosforth High Street. Continue through Gosforth High Street. At the end of Gosforth High Street you will see a pub called The Queen Victoria on the right and Philanthropy House on the left (alongside the public car park). Take the next left after Philanthropy House and the public car park onto Salters Road
2. Continue from instruction 6, travelling from the south