Pages in this section
Strengthen your community and enrich the lives of people living in your area by giving through the Community Foundation.
The Community Foundation is the hub for philanthropy in Tyne & Wear and Northumberland. Over 200 individuals, families, businesses and other charities give through us to strengthen communities and enrich lives. Anyone can be a philanthropist through the Community Foundation, and you can be next. No matter what the size or type of gift you want to make, we will make sure your giving is effective, rewarding, enjoyable and hassle free.
We can currently match donations to our Give2 Funds with £1.00 for every £2.00 donated. Click here to find out more.
To learn more about those who are already working with us, click here.
Why give locally?
- There are important needs and good causes here on your doorstep to inspire your charitable passions and interests no matter what they are.
- Local community and voluntary groups get to people and problems others cannot reach; they make our communities stronger and enrich lives.
- Your gift makes a really big difference when given locally because it is targeted precisely at the people you want to help.
- You can be personally involved and see the difference your gift makes.
- Find out more about our area and its needs here
How we help you give effectively
- You get a personal relationship: we help you to find the right options that suit your charitable interests and resources.
- Your gift will be effective and benefit the causes you want to help because of our expertise on community needs and experience in funding local groups.
- You can get involved with groups you support, meet like-minded people among our donors, and gain publicity about your giving if you wish.
- You get peace of mind from our tried-and tested systems for awarding funds and reporting on results.
- You avoid the legal and administrative expense of administering a separate charitable trust or making your own donations to groups.
- Your gift can be tax efficient.
Your giving options
- You can set up a named fund.
- You can make one-off or regular donations to support our work.
- You can leave a gift in your will.
- You can become a member of the Community Foundation.
We can also provide bespoke advice on charitable giving for which we would negotiate a fee reflecting the costs of the work you require.
What you can give
You can give cash, remember us in your will, transfer shares or even donate property. Whatever mechanism suits your circumstances, we will ensure your giving is handled tax efficiently, whether you’re are an individual, or a business.
All donations to the Community Foundation to establish or grow funds or support our work generally are covered by our Gift Acceptance Policy.