articleindex followhttps://www.communityfoundation.org.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/YrBk_Board2018_GJmr-5842.jpgcenterhttps://www.communityfoundation.org.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/YrBk_Board2018_GJmr-5842.jpgcentermodule_group modules Array 1 What are we looking for?
We need an experienced and engaged voluntary sector leader to join the Community Foundation’s Board of trustees who can bring a breadth of perspectives on the work of charities and role of the sector in our area.
The successful candidate will be someone working (as a senior staff person or as a trustee) for a voluntary organisation that is currently a member of the Foundation or which could join. Voluntary sector membership of the Community Foundation is open to any organisation with charitable objectives working wholly or partly in Tyne & Wear and Northumberland. We are particularly interested in people who can bring some of the following expertise to add to the current skills and knowledge mix within our Board of trustees:
- experience of working and networks in Northumberland, North Tyneside or South Tyneside;
- knowledge and networks relating one or more of: arts and culture; housing and homelessness; poverty; mental health; diversity and inclusion;
- awareness of issues relating to fundraising, development, charitable giving or philanthropy.
- It would be helpful (but it’s not essential) to have some experience of grant-making which might have been gained by working at or sitting on panels/committees for a trust/foundation, lottery distributor, public body or similar.
We are especially keen to broaden the diversity of the Board so welcome applications from people from black, Asian and other minority ethnic communities; lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people; and people under 40.
white module content 1 How to apply How to apply
To find out more about the role and how to apply, please visit our website trustee recruitment page.
- Closing date: 12noon on Monday 28 January 2019.
- Shortlisted applicants notified by: 5pm on Thursday 31 January 2019.
- Informal discussions with shortlisted applicants held in the first week of February 2019
Before applying, we encourage you to read the Charity Commission’s trustee guide: www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-essential-trustee-what-you-need-to-know-cc3 and the Governance Code for larger Charities www.charitygovernancecode.org
white module content 1 Download pack no 1 Recruitment pack https://www.communityfoundation.org.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Voluntary-sector-trustee-12.18-FINAL-2.pdf Voluntary-sector-trustee-12.18-FINAL-2.pdf 581 KB pdf center no loop document module document