The further list of speakers has been announced for the North East Fundraising Conference 2019, run in partnership with the the Community Foundation, North East Institute of Fundraising, and VONNE.
Dr Sue Black OBE is our opening plenary speaker for Monday 23rd September, delivering her speech ‘If I can do it, so can you', the inspiring & motivating story of one woman’s determination to succeed.
Institute of Fundraising Chair, Amanda Bringans is the closing plenary speaker for Monday 23rd September. Amanda will tell the story of fundraising, from the scrutiny of 2015/16 through GDPR to confronting some of the key challenges and opportunities for the fundraising community through better supporter engagement, tackling sexual harassment, embracing equality, diversity and inclusion and moving towards Chartered status.
Sergio Petrucci is the closing plenary speaker for Tuesday 24th September, discussing a very special fundraising journey. Sergio & Emma Petrucci began fundraising for CHUF in 2016, a year after their daughter Luna’s lifesaving heart surgery at Freeman Hospital. Since then the aptly named Red Sky Ball events have raised in excess of £305,000 for the Children’s Heart Unit at Freeman Hospital and 6 other district general hospitals across the North of England.
Further speakers include:
- Two sessions from our main sponsor KEDA:
- Nikki Bell, Regional Relationships
- Amy Appleton, Lego Approach to Trust Fundraising
- Legacy Fundraising sessions from Liam Clark-Brown and Chris Millward
- Digital Fundraising sessions from the teams at Care2, Donr and Cats Protection
- (Nearly) Everything you need to know about Fundraising from Susan Robinson
- Expert advice on Community Fundraising from Hannah Taylor, Marie Curie and THINK (a Teenage Cancer Trust Case Study)
- Expert advice on Events Fundraising from Sam Moralee, CRUK and Ashley Elliott, St Oswald’s Hospice
- Major Gifts Fundraising Sessions from Barbara Gubbins, CBE and Helen Duncan of Hull University
- A Corporate Fundraising panel discussion, plus a separate session on securing new business from Holly Buckley, Leeds Building Society (formerly Marie Curie & Sue Ryder)
- A panel discussion on Creating Change, chaired by Crystal Hicks, Oasis Community Housing
- How to Access the Muslim Pound from Naeem Raza
- Advice on Entrepreneurial Charity Leadership from David Robinson, LD:NorthEast
- The Joy of Building Teams from Lianne Howard-Dace
- Learn about Beamish Museum’s Health & Well-being Programme from Sally Dixon
- Sessions on Personal Development and Personal Health / Well-being:
- Simon Scriver, Fundraising is a Lonely Hunter
- Kiz Crosbie, How to Escape the Tiger
- James Gadsby Peet, 5 Relationships to be more Resilient
- Lisa Saxton, Physical Health & Well-being
- Mental Health First Aid
- Claire Warner, Findings of Fundraiser Well-Being Research
- Success with your CRM from Sophia Stovall, TWAM
Special offer: You can save £30 on tickets with our discounted promotion code. Simply enter CFOUNDATION when purchasing tickets here.