1. EDF ER Blyth Offshore Demonstrator Wind Farm Community Benefit Fund
- THE FUND The permitted purposes of the Fund (the “Permitted Purposes”) are as follows:
- capital, activities and development
- access to training and /or educational activities for disadvantaged gifted and talented young people
- access to amateur sport or the arts for disadvantaged gifted and talented young people
- sustainable development by the promotion of sustainable means of achieving economic growth and regeneration (Sustainable Development- development which meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability for future generations to meet their own needs)
Priority will be given to applications that support initiatives which ease disadvantage and / or make the area a better place to live:
- community organisations to support capital, activities and development (1.1)
- individuals to allow people to take up training or education opportunities (i.e. cover transport or equipment costs), or opportunities in sport and the arts for gifted and talented young people (1.2, 1.3)
- social enterprises to support the cost of start-up or expansion (but not the cost of continuing services) (1.4)
The Fund will consider applications between £500 and £10,000, in exceptional circumstances application will be considered for up to £20,000.
The Foundation cannot make a grant for a purpose other than a permitted purpose.
3. Area of benefit criteria for the project to be supported
- For the purpose of being eligible to, priority will be given to applications originating from within Blyth, Cambois, East Bedlington and Seaton Valley. Consideration will also be given to applications for funding originating from outside the Priority Area, provided that persons residing within the Priority Area may benefit from the approval of such applications and satisfactory proof of such benefit (in the opinion of the Panel, acting reasonably) accompanies such applications.
- For The Donor reserves the right to review the geographical area of benefit if insufficient applications of suitable quality are received from within the ca