Focus on Community Building Renovation
Invitation to apply for a grant of up to £50,000
To mark its on-going commitment to supporting the communities in which it works Newcastle Building Society will make available £50,000 for grants through the Community Foundation for a community building renovation project which focusses on increasing accessibility, community participation; and improving organisational sustainability.
Applications are sought from charitable organisations with an annual income of between £10k and £250k working in locations across the North East and Cumbria near where Newcastle Building Society has a branch.
We are offering a grant of between £10,000 to £50,000 for up to one-year’s work, commencing 1st October 2018. The grant will support a specific renovation project within your community building. The project must be solely funded by the Newcastle Building Society Fund.
• A strong project plan, budget and process for managing the work
• A rational for carrying out the work
• A clear and robust plan for income generation following the work
• A strong commitment to measure what has been achieved and share the story of their work.
Our normal exclusions will apply (see www.communityfoundation.org.uk/apply)
There is a two-stage application process:
Please provide us with a Newcastle Building Society Building Renovation Grant 2018 Expression of Interest (EOI). In no more than two sides of A4 (font size 12) it should include:
• Confirmation that your group is based in a location where there is a Newcastle
Building Society branch
• A description of your group; its governance structure; staffing levels; a
summary of what you do; income and expenditure for 2017/18
• A clear and costed project proposal
• Please state if planning permission is required and whether or not this has
The deadline for submitting an EOI is 9am on Friday 29th June 2018.
Your EOI should be emailed to email@example.com
We will contact both successful and unsuccessful applicants from stage one by email on Friday 20th July 2018.
Successful applicants from stage one will be invited to submit a full proposal, using the Community Foundation’s standard online application form. In line with our usual guidelines, applications that do not include written estimates will not be considered.
The deadline for submitting the application is 5pm on Thursday 9th August 2018.
Successful and unsuccessful applicants from stage two will be notified by email no later than Friday 31st August 2018.
Applicants must be prepared to spend their grant within a year commencing October 2018.