Whether you are a solicitor, accountant, financial advisor or wealth manager, we can help you give the right advice to your private, business and charity clients about philanthropy and giving.
We have 30 years’ experience as philanthropy advisors in helping donors change the world on their doorstep. Though we focus on the community in our area, our advice is independent and we start with your clients’ wishes and how they want to make a difference.
We can provide advice either directly to your clients or through you.
The Community Foundation is keen to secure more funding for local charities by encouraging professional advisors to talk more frequently about philanthropy and giving. In this series of eight videos local experts share their tips on how to do this.
66% of wealthy individuals think their Professional Advisors could and should be giving them philanthropic advice. But why should you do this? And what's the impact on local charities? In our series of eight videos taken from an event specifically for Professional Advisors, we show why you have a critical role to play. If you’re a Professional Advisor and would like to know how the Community Foundation can help you with your queries about giving and philanthropy, please contact Sandra or Lisa using the details about the bottom of the page.
1. How we encourage more philanthropy
2. Triggers and motivations
3. Helping clients know if they can give to charity
4. Tax implications of giving
5. What questions come up when discussing philanthropy?
6. Do you think raising philanthropy with your clients can help long term client retention?
7. What are the main barriers preventing the next high worth individuals becoming philanthropic?
8. Have you ever had a negative response when you've raised philanthropy with clients?