Whether you are a solicitor, accountant, financial advisor or wealth manager, we can help you give the right advice to your private, business and charity clients about philanthropy and giving.
We have 30 years’ experience as philanthropy advisors in helping donors change the world on their doorstep. Though we focus on the community in our area, our advice is independent and we start with your clients’ wishes and how they want to make a difference.
We can provide advice either directly to your clients or through you.
The Community Foundation is keen to secure more funding for local charities by encouraging professional advisors to talk more frequently about philanthropy and giving. In this series of eight videos local experts share their tips on how to do this.
Taken from our webinar specifically aimed at Professional Advisors on how to talk to your clients about leaving a gift to charity in their Will, we have a series of videos featuring an expert panel looking at some of the practical issues such as possible tax reforms, estate planning based on financial predictions and the tax benefits of gifting 10% of an estate to charity. They also consider the personal aspect of giving and philanthropy, and the important role Professional Advisors can play by having meaningful conversations rooted in your clients personal experiences and values, to help them leave a legacy that really supports what is important to them. If you’re a Professional Advisor and would like to know how the Community Foundation can help you with your queries about giving and philanthropy, please contact Lisa using the details at the bottom of the page.
1. Thoughts on possible tax reforms, specifically inheritance tax (Andrew Ayre)
2. Practical differences between lifetime and legacy giving (Catherine Grum)
3. Estate planning based on financial predictions (Chris Black)
4. Tax benefits of giving 10% of your estate to charity (Alison Hall)
5. Having the philanthropic conversation (Catherine Grum)
6. Opening the discussion on philanthropic ambition (Chris Black)
7. Why you should give with a warm hand (Andrew Ayre)
8. Varying a Will to benefit a charity beneficiary (Alison Hall)