13th Jan 2020
Yes we can lead and manage is a nine-month accredited leadership and management learning and development programme. The programme is for leaders and managers of projects, initiatives and organisations working for social change, and for individuals working independently for social change, in the north east. It's particularly designed for those without a formal leadership and management qualification looking for a practical and comprehensive introduction to key leadership and management theories, models, frameworks, tools, techniques and approaches. At the end of the programme, you will have completed an ILM Level 5 Certificate in leadership and management.
The programme runs between January and September 2020 with four days of facilitated learning run in pairs of days in January and March, and a final reflecting and learning half day in September. Between modules you’ll work on your assignments, apply your learning in your workplace, meet together in peer-led tutorial groups and spend time together at informal dinners. It gives you space out of your workplace to learn, connect, think and reflect.
The programme includes
- two two-day modules: managing others, leading self and working together. The days include formal learning, discussion, guest speakers, facilitation, reflection and action learning
- a half day reflecting and planning session at the end to share your learning and reflect on the programme
- three assessed assignments
- text book, workbooks, tools, resources, reading lists
- optional peer-led, self-organised tutorial groups
- optional peer-led, self-organised informal dinners
- certificate presentation to celebrate your achievements
- tutorial support, and support from the programme facilitators