The Innogy Renewables UK Limited Middlemoor Windfarm Community Benefit Fund (the Fund) at the Community Foundation will receive an annual donation of £81,000 (index linked for 25 years from its inception in 2014) for payment of community grants to voluntary/community groups, charitable organisations and grants to individual people. The Fund year is October to September.
Groups can apply for a minimum of £250 up to £81,000. Individuals can apply for a minimum of £250 up to a maximum of £2,000, subject to periodic review.
Area of benefit:
- Priority consideration will be given to applications from individuals, groups, projects and activities based within the Parish of Eglingham.
- Consideration will also be given to applications from groups and organisations outside of Eglingham Parish that provide services and activities that are deemed by the Fund to be of benefit to residents of the Parish.
Who can apply?
- Individuals resident within the Parish of Eglingham.
- Constituted voluntary, community groups and charities based within the Parish of Eglingham.
- Consideration will also be given to constituted voluntary, community groups and charities which operate outside the Parish, if they can demonstrate that the project benefits people living within the Parish of Eglingham.
What can be funded:
- The fund will consider requests for both capital and revenue funding.
- The Fund will support requests that are charitable, educational, philanthropic and benevolent in purpose.
- It will make grants to community groups, voluntary/charitable organisations and schools (for non-statutory purposes only).
- Capital items with tangible, lasting benefit, including improvements to community buildings.
- Biodiversity and habitat conservation.
- Energy conservation and increased use of renewables.
- Other projects which are community based and/or community led.
Examples of what grants will be supported:
- Capital items (buildings, machinery, equipment, vehicles and tools etc.)
- Time limited revenue requests.
- Sessional worker costs, e.g. workshops, tutors.
- Repairs and/or refurbishment to community buildings.
- Start-up costs for new community groups.
- Out-of-school activities.
- Voluntary and community group activities.
- Community and environmental projects.
- Educational bursaries, apprenticeships, training courses.
This list is not exhaustive and all applications will be given due consideration by the advisory panel.
What will not be funded:
- Retrospective grants.
- Activities that are the current responsibility of statutory authorities (e.g. School curriculum activities, road repairs etc).
- Political campaigns.
- Religious campaigns.
- Individuals full-time resident outside the parish of Eglingham.
- Projects, activities within the parish of Ellingham (for so long as a dedicated community wind farm benefit fund exists within Ellingham Parish).
- Projects whose purpose is to generate income for personal gain.
- Repayment of loans or debts.
- Funding for third party distribution.
- Anti-renewable energy/windfarm activities.
Activities likely to bring the reputation of the Community Foundation or Innogy Renewables UK Ltd or its subsidiaries into disrepute.