The Community Foundation welcomes constructive feedback. We hope that any concerns or complaints will be able to be dealt with informally with the member of staff concerned.
Alternatively an informal approach may be made to a member of the Senior Management Team. If the issue cannot be resolved informally, please read our procedures for making a formal complaint.
Grant decisions and process
Decisions made by the Community Foundation Board on grant awards are final. Concerns may be raised or complaints made about the grant making process.
- Anyone who has a concern or complaint about any aspect of our service is encouraged to raise this in the first instance informally with the member of staff concerned or a member of the Senior Management Team.
- If the matter is not resolved informally, complaints should be set out in writing and addressed to the Chief Executive.
- The letter will be acknowledged by the Chief Executive, normally within 5 working days of receiving it.
- The Chief Executive will investigate the complaint, and will respond within 28 working days of first receiving the letter of complaint. This will normally be the conclusion of the process.
- In exceptional circumstances, if the person or organisation complaining is not satisfied with the response, they may write to the Chair of the Board of Directors. If the complaint involves the Chief Executive they may write to the Chair of the Board in the first instance.
- The Chair will acknowledge receipt of the letter within 10 working days where possible.
- In the case of an appeal to the Chair for a review of the response from the Chief Executive, or where the complaint involves the Chief Executive, an investigation will be carried out by the Chair or another member of the Board acting on his/her behalf.
- The Chair will aim to produce a decision, which is final, within 28 working days of receiving the letter. He/she will notify the person or organisation who complained of the decision and the reason for the decision.
- All written complaints received, together with a copy of the response to the person or organisation who complained, will be notified to the Chair of the Board.
- Complaints, both formal and informal, will be monitored, and information from this will be fed in to the planning process as appropriate. All staff who receives informal complaints will record them, and the informal response, and will notify their line manager.