Pages in this section
The Community Foundation
Newcastle upon Tyne,
T: 0191 222 0945
F: 0191 284 8413
How to find us
Travelling By Public Transport
Trains on the Tyne and Wear Metro system call at Regent Centre Station, which is approximately a quarter of a mile from the Foundation. When coming out of the Metro Station, turn right, walking past the bus stops. Head towards the main road leading to Gosforth High Street. Continue walking down the main road until you reach the traffic lights on the corner of Salters Road, next to The Gosforth Hotel pub. You will see Philanthropy House in front of you beside the public car park.
For information on the Metro, visit: www.tyneandwearmetro.co.uk
There are also many bus services from the Haymarket Bus Station in central Newcastle that stop on Gosforth High Street close to Philanthropy House.
For information on bus services call Traveline on 0871 200 22 33
Travelling By Car
1. By Car from the south on A1(M)
1. A1(M) forks shortly after the Washington Service station. Follow signs for A1 and take left fork. Take care – don’t follow A194(M) Tyne Tunnel route!
2. Follow A1(M) then after the A696 intersection branch off the A1(M) at the next slip road (signposted Gosforth and City North, take the third exit at the roundabout onto Kingston Park Road
3. Continue straight ahead, past the traffic lights and turn left at mini roundabout
4. Follow on to the end of Broadway West and turn right at the roundabout onto the A6125 Great North Road
5. Go straight on at the next roundabout, passing Asda on your left. After the second set of traffic lights, you will find us located on the right.
For information about parking in Gosforth please click here.
(Please note: due to major roadworks commencing on Church Road and Salters Road, the Salters Road car park will be closed from late January 2016 until June 2016.)
2. By Car from the north on A1(M)
1. Follow signs for Newcastle Centre, not the Tyne Tunnel.
2. Continue south on A1(M) past A6125 intersection
3. Branch off A1(M) at the next slip road (signposted Fawdon and Kingston Park) and turn first left at the roundabout onto Kingston Park Road
4. Continue from instruction 3, travelling from the south
3. By Car from the West of Newcastle
1. Turn north onto A1(M) and continue from instruction 2, travelling from the south
4. By Car from Newcastle City Centre
1. Follow the B1318 North along the Great North Road. The dual carriageway narrows on reaching Gosforth High Street. Continue through Gosforth High Street. At the end of Gosforth High Street you will see a pub called The Queen Victoria on the right and Philanthropy House on the left (alongside the public car park). Take the next left after Philanthropy House and the public car park onto Salters Road
2. Continue from instruction 6, travelling from the south